Melanie from The Fruits of the Spirit tagged me for a the seven things meme a while ago, and I’m just getting around to it now! Hmm…that’s so unlike me! Anyway, I always have to put a twist on it, so today, I’m exposing my one weakness: getting distracted while cooking.
Most of the time, it involves me checking “just one thing” on the internet, and then getting sucked in by all the crucial stuff I have to respond to! I am so important, you know! (right)
1. Brown Rice: It takes so long to cook, anyway, who wouldn’t forget about it?
2. Pasta: Aren’t you supposed to let all the water cook out, so it’s really mushy, and the bottom ones are crunchy?
3. Pancakes: A little syrup will cover anything!
4: Potholders: Yes, potholders.
5. Spaghetti Sauce: Floating congealed tomatoes have a lot of antioxidants, I hear.
6. Does this count? I left a bread bag on top of the toaster oven once, and it got stuck to the top.
7. And last, but not least, tonight when I was finished cooking the Cajun Breaded Talapia, (YUM) I left the oil in the skillet with the burner on. I didn’t notice until I smelled charred fish, and smoke was completely filling the kitchen and living room, and the kids were saying, “Ew, something smells yucky!”
The sad thing is, I realized the absence of a familiar sound during this incident. Our new house doesn’t have a smoke detector in the kitchen! Clearly, we need to get one… TOMORROW! I just realized that my cooking fiasco tonight could very well save our lives one day! Thank you Lord!