We had a blast at Little Pea’s Fall-themed Birthday Party. I had planned it to be outside, but of course the temperatures picked this weekend to plummet! So we moved it into our unfinished basement playroom.
- pumpkin carving demonstration by an art teacher friend.
- pumpkin painting
- leaf rubbings, and other crafts
- Of course, they donned their jackets for an energetic time on the backyard playset!
Here are some tips I picked up for carving a great pumpkin:
- Draw your design on the pumpkin freehand, or from printed line-art. You can attach the paper to the pumpkin and cut the lines with an exacto knife.
- Decide which parts are going to be totally cut out, and which parts will have the skin peeled. Peeling just the skin has a glowing effect.
- Cut out the holes first, then peel the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Finish by painting some of the parts that weren’t peeled or cut.
And last, but not least: The Pictures!