It was with the first release of the Wii Fit, the revolutionary fitness program for the Nintendo Wii, that the Wii Mommies were born! We went on a journey to put this new technology to use and help others to do the same, though our website, forum and BlogTalkRadio show.
We loved the Wii Fit, Julie even lost 60 pounds using it! We also had some suggestions for improvements that could be made to the product, such as stringing the workouts together seemlessly, more detailed diagnostics, new fun Fitness games, and more. It seems like Nintendo really took the feedback from users when they created the new version. If you already have Wii Fit, you can get the upgrade game for only $19.99.
So I received my Wii Fit Plus in the mail yesterday from Nintedo, and immediately opened it and tried it out with my four year old, Little Pea! We had a lot of fun trying out the new games!
Here are the best things we found with the Plus version:
- The new game automatically transfered the stored information from the old game, so we didn’t have to register our Miis again. It also transferred all our charts and goals.
- The multi-player games are really fun, because you can immediately select players in the game you are on. You don’t have to go back and add more players, nor are you stuck with the players you’ve chosen. It’s hard to explain, but it is really easy! Also, on the Multi-Player menu, the last winner’s Mii shows up with a crown! Bragging rights, baby!
- I love the new Yoga moves (Little Pea does too)
- I think the best feature is the Custom Workouts. There was a critizism that you couldn’t keep your heart rate up for a long enough time when you had to go back and switch. I am most excited to put together a yoga routine!
Improvements that could still be made:
- I was hoping to see more Aerobics activities, although they do have rhythm Kung Fu. I haven’t tried that yet.
- I really wish Nintendo would send someone over to find my Wiimote! I lost it after we played yesterday and I can’t find it anywhere! I’m dying to get back on the Wii Fit and explore some more!
I haven’t tried putting together a workout yet, but I will let you know how that goes. Do you have the Wii Fit Plus? What do you think?
If you have a fitness post, link up to Fitness Friday at WiiMommies.com!!
Disclosure: Product provided by Nintendo/ Golin Harris, inc