I’m so excited for Type A Parent Conference, and if you’re not going, you’re probably tired of hearing me talk about it! However, even if you’re not going to the conference, you can join me, Brandy, Brittany, and Jenn, along with our conference sponsors Ovaltine for Friday morning Breakfast ! (You know- “Be sure to drink your rich chocolate Ovaltine” from A Christmas Story).
Ovaltine is celebrating their NEW recipe, with ALL NATURAL flavors and colors. For example, one of the coloring agents is beet juice! So, The other girls and I have each developed a smoothie to serve at Type A Breakfast! If you’re at the conference, just come downstairs early enough to hit breakfast! (ahem)
However, if you’re not coming to Asheville, you can join us on Twitter during the breakfast for some Ovaltine Trivia! You could win prizes by answering questions! Here’s what to do:
- Friday, June 24 from 8:00 to 8:45, come in person and/or log on to twitter. If you’re there in person, be sure to bring your phone or something to tweet with.
- Follow @reallifesarah (me), @superjennblogs, @brandyellen, @mommywords, and follow the #typeacon hashtag
- Watch for Trivia questions from us. The first one who tweets an answer will win!
- And, of course, “Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!”
Here’s my smoothie recipe if you want to try it at home!
Loco Cocoa Mocha Smoothie
- 1 cup Fat Free Vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/3 cup coffee (Bald Guy Brew Sumatran to be exact)
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter
- 2 TBSP Chocolate Malt Ovaltine
Mix it all up in a blender, and enjoy! I call it “loco” because it’s a little nutty! This smoothie has enough protein to start out your day, as well as 12 vitamins and minerals (in the new Ovatine formula). This one runs about 300 calories, depending on which frozen yogurt you use, but the Almond Butter gives you good calories, not empty ones. So you can totally use this smoothie AS your meal, and get some great energy for the day.
*If your serving this to kinds, substitute real maple syrup for the coffee.
What is your favorite smoothie combination? Will you be joining us for breakfast?