I love to post meal ideas for busy moms. Of course, if you are not a mom, and you find yourself busy… or not busy… you may like them too. My friend Kay made my family a meal last week because my husband is in Pakistan for a professional educators’ trip. Yes, Pakistan, you read that right. I’ll have lots to write about when he comes back. The meal was so tasty and perfect for making ahead, so I asked if I could share it with you. It’s also a great gluten free/dairy free option if you leave out the tortillas.
The ingredients can be wrapped in a tortilla, or in a lettuce leaf. I did the lettuce leaf, because tortillas are not friendly to teeth with braces. Make the pork ahead of time, so you just need to reheat it before serving. The pork can also be frozen, so make a double portion and freeze half! (That’s a tip I learned from Once a Month Meals)
- Pulled Pork, cooked any way you like
- Hoisin Sauce
- Iceberg or Bibb Lettuce, washed and pulled apart
- Carrots, julienned
- Cucumbers, julienned
- Mandarin Oranges, canned (or you can use cuties)
- Tortillas (if you'd rather do that than lettuce wraps)
- Cook the pork (butt or shoulder) with your favorite method. (I usually do mine in the crock pot.)
- Cover with your favorite hoisin sauce.
- At this point, you can refrigerate or freeze the pork for later if you wish.
- Heat the pork and spoon it into lettuce leaves.
- Top with carrots, cucumbers, and mandarin oranges.
- Wrap and eat!
If you like this idea, I’d be honored if you would pin it to your Pinterest boards!