Contest is Closed. Winner: comment #65 Wendy McBride
I’ve had quite a long relationship with HP. Our relationship usually centers around printers and Black Friday. After having a regular HP Inkjet printer for years, I found my first All-in-One Printer in 2005 on Black Friday. It was a $299 printer, and I got it for $99. What a steal! That’s when I really fell in love with HP, I believe. As a private music teacher, I had to copy music pieces all the time (for kids to practice with – so they wouldn’t lose mine. I always purchased the music) I also loved having a scanner! To tell you the truth, I never did use the fax function, but it was nice to have, just in case.
When my HP All-In-One Printer bit the dust earlier this year, I knew I would have to hope for a great Black Friday deal! I bought a really cheap $29 inkjet printer to get me through the year. So after saving and hoping for about 7 months, I found the perfect deal on a HP Photosmart Premium Wireless Printer/ Copier/ Scanner. Now I just had to wait for delivery!
And that’s when I got word that I would be able to review the coveted HP Photosmart Premium Touchsmart Web Multifunction Printer/ Copier/ Scanner/ Fax (Try saying that all in one breath)
I was beyond excited, because I had a chance to try the printer at Type A Mom conference in October, and I immediately wanted one so bad! I had never seen a printer with it’s own connection to the web. I mean, you can use this printer to print out documents, coupons, Google Map directions, movie tickets ( from Fandango), photos, charts, music staff paper, recipes, kids’ printables from Nickolodeon, Disney & Dreamworks, and SO much more! And you don’t even have to touch your computer! It is truly amazing!
“Well, that must be complicated,” you say. In fact, my six year old can explain and demonstrate how it’s done! Take a look at this video where she gives us a tour of her favorite activity! I honestly had no idea she would launch into the “let me show you, ” after saying her favorite thing! She’s a natural born vlogger!
Here are just a few of the things I love about the HP Web Printer:
- Environmentally friendly packaging, with a reusable bag, instead of mountains of plastic bags! It also has a double sided “paper saver” setting so as not to waste paper.
- EASY set up! Seriously, you just “Plug and Play!” HP guides you through the entire set-up right from the touch screen. And I must say, I was a little nervous about getting it configured. I had no problems installing the drivers on my computer (my PC and husband’s Mac) at all.
- Wireless Printing! Let me tell you, I had become SO tired of lugging my laptop from the kitchen (where I usually work (4yo daughter “works” next to me) to the office, plugging in the cord, and printing on my cheapo printer whenever I needed something!
- The kids can use it themselves! No more having to go to the computer, log on to a website, find the printables, browse through with the kids until they find something they want, then print it for them. If you watched the video, you saw that they do the whole thing on their own!
- Scan to multiple sources. I like the fact that you can scan to a thumb drive, a computer, a memory card, or straight to email. I had a little trouble scanning straight to email since I use web-based email. But it was just as easy to scan to file on the computer and attach to an email. In fact, I have to sign some papaers tonight and send them back through email, so I’ll use this function again tonight!
- Individual Printer Cartridges for each color. At first, I thought, “Wow! That’s a lot of cartridges to buy!” But… each one is less expensive than the all-in one print cartridge, and you only have to replace the color that’s empty.
SO what are the first things we printed, you ask?
- I printed COUPONS, of course, from coupons.com! I like how they print several on the same page, not to waste paper. Just be careful with the coupons.com coupons, because some of them forbid doubling!
- I also printed our Christmas Card, since we got the printer in December. They printed right to the HP 4×6 photopaper. Totally easy- they didn’t smudge or get fingerprints on them. No Cutting! I really think Digiscrappers would LOVE this printer, especially for 4×6 bragbooks!
- Then, I printed my new Blog Planner – the GO MOM DIY Planner. (click here for my review of the planner)
- The kids printed activities, of course!
I was fully prepared to cite some negative feelings about this Printer. However, I really have had a wonderful experience! I can’t think of any problems! I’ve only been using it a month, so if an issue does come up, I will be sure to let you know!
There is one item of advice I will give you for this printer:
You MUST set boundaries for the kids on how much printing they can do. Seriously, my kids went crazy for DAYS! I let them because we were testing it after all, but you might want to set a limit of how many pages they can print per day!
DO YOU WANT TO WIN ONE FOR YOURSELF?
HP had generously offered one HP Photosmart Premium Touchsmart Web Printer to a Real Life Reader! I am so excited to be able to give one away! We will announce the winner of the printer on February 6, the last day of the Blissdom Conference in Nashville TN. You DO NOT have to be present at Blissdom to win, but wouldn’t it be cool if you were?
Here’s how to enter:
- Click here to view the features of the HP Touchsmart Web Printer. Then, leave a comment on this post, saying what the most useful feature would be for you.
Leave a separate comment for an extra entry, when you: (1 extra entry each item)
- are a Real Life RSS Subscriber (Subscribe by reader) (Subscribe by email)
- follow @RealLifeSarah on Twitter
- follow @AngelaAtHP on Twitter
- follow Real Life on Facebook Networked Blogs ( Bottom right sidebar of this page- I just started out)
- Blog about this giveaway, or include the Giveaway Button on your sidebar! (include link in comment)
Code for Button: <a href=” http://www.reallifeblog.net/hp-touchsmart-web-printer-review-giveaway/”><img class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-2091″ title=”HP WebPrinter Giveaway” src=”http://www.reallifeblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/HP-WebPrinter-Giveaway.gif” alt=”” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
- Post this Giveaway on Twitter (must include @reallifesarah and #hpwebprinter) Here is an example Tweet:
I want to win a #hpwebprinter Copy/Scan/Print #giveaway from @reallifesarah! Click here to enter:http://ow.ly/ZNjT
- Post this giveaway’s link (http://www.reallifeblog.net/hp-touchsmart-web-printer-review-giveaway/) on your Facebook Profile or your blog’s Fan Page. (include link to the status update in your comment)
This contest will be open to US Residents 18 or older, through February 6, 2010. The winner will be chosen by random number generator, and notified by email. Winner will be responsible for claiming the prize by email within 48 hours of notification.
Real Life Review Policy: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. I will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I receive compensation for some of our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. If compensation is received for a post, it will be clearly disclosed in the post. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
The HP Web Printer was supplied to me for review, and no other compensation was received for this review/giveaway.
Keeper of the Cheerios
DK Mommy Spot
A Contest Blog