If you need an excuse to make decadent desserts, the Christmas holiday provides the perfect opportunity. And, of course, you must practice and taste test several times before serving your creations to guests, neighbors or teachers. I promise if you make these Peppermint Oreo Cookie Pops for your next office party, teacher gifts or just because, you will be the talk of the town!
The recipe was for cookie balls, but I decided to put a twist on it by adding sticks to make cookie pops. With the sticks, it was easier to coat the balls evenly with chocolate.
Oh, one more thing. In case you’re wondering, Peppermint Oreos are still great dipped in milk! Will you try them?
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (15.25 oz.) Oreo Cookies with Peppermint Creme, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 8 starlight minst, coarsely crushed
- Cake pop sticks (if making pops)
- Finely crush Oreos in a food processor on high. Alternatively, put them into a zipper bag and crush with hands.
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- While balls are freezing, melt chocolate in a double boiler. If you don't have baking chocolate, use chocolate chips mixed with a tablespoon of shortening.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined pan. If you are making cookie pops, place in a stand for hardening.
- Sprinkle with candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in a tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Disclosure: I received Peppermint Oreos and a Food Lion gift card from the representing agency so that I could create this blog post.