This skillet recipe is not only 5 ingredients, but it is also a one dish recipe! Both winners in my book. I made this recipe the other day with veggies from the local produce stand, and herbs from my herb garden, which I grow in aq large barrel. My garden veggies are not quite ready, but I’m sure I’ll be making it again soon! I used shrimp, and loved it.
Garden Veggie and Herb Skillet
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled), cubed chicken, or sliced smoked sausage
- 4-5 medium zucchinis, and/or yellow squash
- 2 beefy tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- Various herbs – I used one 2-inch stalk of Rosemary, a few stems of Thyme, and a handful of Basil, chopped
2. Half the zucchini or squash lengthwise, and slice thinly.
3. Slice the onion.
4. Add the onion and veggies to the skillet, and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to get soft.
5. Add the shrimp, chicken or sausage.
6. Add the herbs whole, except chop the Basil. You can remove the thyme and rosemary stems later, and the flavors will be infused into the dish. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
7. Serve over angel hair or rice. My favorite is Barilla Plus, or Brown Rice, for a deep nutty flavor.