Whenever I go to a big social media conference, I prepare by packing, RSVP-ing to events, connecting with people I want to see. OK, I go shopping too. But I don’t want to forget one of the most important parts of preparation- PRAYER.
I saw a tweet that asked if we see our blogs as a ministry. I thought about it for a minute. I don’t think this blog is really my “ministry,” like some awesome women have created (Sarah Mae, Teri Lynne, Brooke, to name a few). But my entire life is my ministry, the blog is a small part of that. I hope when women come to this blog to laugh, see a recipe, read a family story, etc, that they will see the light of Jesus coming through.
So these are a few of the things I’m praying about as I go off to BlogHer 2010: Dear Jesus, I pray
- that as I promote by blog, my business with confidence I will remember that “every good and perfect gift comes from you Lord.” I owe all that I am to You. In the words of Isaiah 64: 6,8
All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away…
…Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
- that I will embrace ALL people with love and respect, no matter their lifestyle, appearance, or “clique.” Help me see those who need encouragement, and help me to be obedient.
- that You will show me the line between freedom and sin. The line which is drawn by YOU, not other people. I love a good party, even though I left my party-ING back in my pre-Christian days.
- that you will guide my steps, lead me into the places You want me to go. Let me not be led into the “good,” and miss the “best.”
- for safe travels for everyone making their way to New York and back home.
- that You ordain special connections with “kindred spirits” and new friends.
Gosh, there are so many things to lift up to Him, but these are good starters. What are your prayers for going to BlogHer, or for those bloggers who will be there?