I love cooking with fresh pumpkin in the fall! My husband loves ice cream! So I am thrilled to be partnering with Lovin’ Scoopful brand ice cream to create this fun recipe for Pumpkin Spice “Cake and Ice Cream” Cupcakes! Lovin’ Scoopful is a great brand that says, “It loves you as much as you love it!” It’s a gourmet ice cream that has 1/2 the fat, and less calories than other premium ice cream brands.
I admit, any time I see “half the fat” and “ice cream” in the same sentence, I am skeptical! But when I tasted it myself, I was majorly pleased! I loved it, even. Then, I put Lovin’ Scoopful to the ultimate test, letting my ice cream connoisseur husband try it.
He gave Lovin’ Scoopful raving reviews, just like I did! “The kids?” you ask? They loved it too! So the verdict is in on taste with our family: Two Thumbs Up!
Lovin Scoopful brand was founded by Maria and Tim Shriver, and donates 25% of it’s profit to the Special Olympics!
So here is my recipe for the “Pumpkin Spice Cake & Ice Cream” Cupcakes. If you’re not really into pumpkin, you could mix and match any flavor cake with any of Lovin’ Scoopful’s 13 flavors. For example, I would LOVE to try devil’s food cake with “What the Fudge” Ice Cream!
Pumpkin Spice “Cake & Ice Cream” Cupcakes Recipe
- One Boxed Spice Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Mashed Pumpkin or Pumpkin Puree
- Lovin Scoopful Cozy Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream (in a can)
- caramel Syrup (optional)
- Sprinkles for decorating
1. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Stir well, until most of the lumps are gone.
2. Add the pumpkin puree, beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until the batter is fluffy.
3. Line a cupcake pan with aluminum foil or silicone cupcake holders. Fill the cupcake holders with 2 TBSP of batter. It seems like a small amount, but it will fluff up, and leave you a little space for your ice cream.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about half of the baking time on the box. Check with a cake tester or toothpick. Cupcakes are ready when the tester comes out clean. If they are not done, put back in the oven for 5-minute intervals. Let cool.
5. Right before you serve the cupcakes, squirt a little bit of caramel syrup, then add a scoop of Lovin’ Scoopful Ice Cream right on top of each cupcake. Top with Whipped Cream and decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
6. Serve with spoons! The best part of this recipe is getting all the flavors in each bite!
Save on Lovin’ Scoopful, with BUY ONE GET ONE FREE at Bi-Lo stores through December 26, 2010! Click here to find a store near you. You can find Lovin’ Scoopful all across the west coast, midwest, and northeast and southeast. You can even fill out a request to bring to your local store, to ask them to carry Lovin’ Scoopful Brand.
There are so many ways you can connect with Lovin’ Scoopful. They are really fun to interact with on Twitter and Facebook, and their YouTube videos are a hoot!
Wanna see exactly how to make these cupcakes? Watch this video!! Warning: You will be jealous of me eating these at the end!
Disclosure: I created this recipe for Lovin’ Scoopful Brand ice cream, and was compensated for my time. My relationship with the brand did not affect my views, all opinions are my own. Go taste it and tell me what you think?