This week, I stayed at my brother ans sister-in-law’s house, babysitting their kids. With five kids in the house under the age of seven, we had to make some easy dinners. I also wanted to leave some leftovers for when they got back last night. So one night, I made my signature Baked Ziti. (Laci, remember Carlota’s Baked Ziti? Yes, I still make it and LOVE it!)) The next night, I whipped up this really easy recipe that I wanted to share with you. This would also be great for freezing, crock pot cooking (add the cheese at the end) or bringing a meal to a friend.
• 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
• 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
• 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• Seasoned Salt
• 2 TBSP Butter
• 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 package egg noodles, whole wheat noodles or brown rice, cooked
1. Sprinkle the seasoned salt and pepper on the Chicken breasts.
2. Preheat the oven to 375. Melt the butter and garlic in a large skillet, and brown the chicken breasts. Don’t cook them through.
3. Place the chicken breasts, pan drippings, and cream soups in a glass 9×13 dish.
4. Sprinkle the cheddar on top, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Serve on top of noodles or rice.
To butterfly a chicken breast, cut it in half length-wise so it is half as thick. This will help it cook quicker. Its also good to butterfly chicken for Chicken Parmesan or quicker grilling. I hope you enjoy this dish, and it was surprisingly super tasty.
This recipe works for me? What about you? Leave a comment and visit Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesday