OK girls! Amber is SO getting a prize for being the only participant in the Super Summer Squash carnival! Hello? Anyone else know how to cook squash?
UPDATE: Steph has joined the prize patrol! She’s the second participant. What’s the prize? A big bag full of squash of course! No, I ‘m going to try to find something for real.
I wrote about the attack of the Summer Squash last week, and I need some recipes to use them up!
So this week is the Super Summer Squash Recipe Carnival! Dig out your favorite recipe with Zucchini or Yellow Squash, post it on your blog. Then come back here sign the Mr. Linky. Be sure to add the link to the individual post, not just the home page of your blog. If you don’t have a blog, or don’t want to post a recipe, you can add your recipe in the comments! Link to this post on your blog, so others can come join.
To start things off, take a look at this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. I totally can’t wait to make that this week!
I’m adding my new favorite squash casserole recipe that I got from my friend Karen. Karen is an incredible cook, but her recipes are simple enough that you don’t have to go to culinary school to make them well.
Summer Squash Casserole
- 3 cu zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 1/4 cu onion, chopped
- 4 TBSP butter (or Buttah, as I like to say)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cu milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cu sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cu Ritz crackers, crushed (or anything “cracker-ish”)
- Saute squash and onions with butter until tender.
- Put into a bowl, and add remaining ingredients, except cheese and crackers.
- Spoon into an 8×8 baking dish, and top with cheese and crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Now lets hear yours!