I am so excited for The Relevant Conference this week! I cannot believe it is already here! I’ll be boarding a place Thursday morning- EARLY! (have I mentioned I’m not a morning person?)- to travel to PA to meet tons of amazing Christian Bloggers! I love how Relevant will combine our faith with the art and science of blogging/social media! I can hardly believe I am counted among the incredible speakers at the conference!
As I’ve been praying about the conference, I am confident that God is wanting to do so much in our hearts, and our blogs!
- I am feeling an intense anxiety as I prepare to be in the presence of so many Christian Women. While I LOVE connecting and fellowship with other Christian women, it’s the large groups that make me nervous. Yes, I have consciously avoided Christian Women’s Conferences/Retreats for several years after a profoundly wounding experience (or a few). I wasn’t prepared for the emotions that God is bringing up before this conference, but I am SO hopeful for this week. I am actually GLAD that He is drawing these feelings out of the dark places, because I know that this is a step in healing. I’m looking forward to “keeping it real” with kindred spirits, and lovingly embracing those who, like me, are apprehensive!
- I know that God is going to give so many bloggers a clearer vision about His plan for them. We all are not meant to fit in the same box. God has a unique space for each of us, in it’s own creative shape.
- In the technical learning, we will add new “words” to our vocabulary in our writing/blogging/socialmedia/business endeavors. God will use this new vocabulary to craft beautiful stories in our lives. Each time I learn something new, I know God has a new tool with which to use me.
- The Ministry of Laughter! Christians have fun too, right? I am so looking forward to being silly and laughing in person with those I know online! I am looking forward to getting out of the everyday grind, and working out my cheek muscles!
In preparing for my speaking panels at the conference, I would love to hear from YOU and the questions that I can answer. I really want to be a blessing and a help to those who take the time to attend our sessions. I’ll list the sessions I’m doing, and I would absolutely love it if you would post a questions in the comments.
(It could even be a question you had when you were starting out)
- Social Media 101, with Alyssa Francis (Kingdom First Mom)
- Connecting Bloggers with Brands – Earn Money, Build Relationships, with Alyssa Francis (Kingdom First Mom)
- Learn the Art of Vlogging/Live Shows, with Serena Woods (Grace is for Sinners)