The Vlogging Site NewBaby.com loved the carnival idea so much that they are giving away a FLIP camera to one new vlogger who signs up with their Blissdom Wardrobe post! You can then be one of NewBaby’s regular vloggers! I usually post 1-2 short videos a week, and I love it!
- Use your webcam or regular camera to make a video/photo post, showing us what you’re considering wearing to Blissdom. Be creative and show your personality!
- Sign up with NewBaby.com and enter your blog’s feed under “Blogs” in your profile.
- Upload your video to newbaby.com (if you have one)
- Join the Carnival here at Real Life on Monday, January 19. The contest will be closed Monday at midnight and we will announce a winner on Wednesday.
Remember, if you’re not going to Blissdom, you can post what you’ll be wearing while we are at Blissdom! It could be really funny!
“What to Wear to Blissdom” Video Carnival: Monday January 19
note: if you don’t have a video camera, post pictures!
I am so excited to be attending my first Blogging Conference: Blissdom ’09! My experience with blogging has given me so much:
- An outlet for my love of writing
- A platform to share my faith
- A great way to stay connected with friends, new and old
- And a new career with publishing, web advertising, and a new TV show!
Non-Bloggers that I tell about the conference always say, “What exactly will you do there?” I’m sure they picture a bunch of geeks sitting around pecking away, and chatting on Twitter, while sitting in the same room. but that’s not exactly what we’ll be doing! Here are a few of the sessions I plan to attend:
- Building your Readership and providing amazing content
- Social Media/Marketing
- Maximizing Relationships: PR, Marketing, Brands and Ad Agencies
- Branding: You, your blog, your business
- Book Deals – The Inside Story
- and of course, the cocktail parties!
I’m also excited to be traveling with Julie, she’s sitting next to me on the plane! I’m rooming with Jo-Lynne and Sarah, and I can’t wait! I also want to thank Maria Bailey, of BSM Media for sponsoring our room at the conference. I’m excited to check out her new book, Mom 3.0!
So What about the Video Carnival?
Well, my first question after deciding to go was, “What do I wear?” If you’re going, I know you’re thinking the same thing! If we lived nearby, I would invite my girlfriends over and try on some clothes. Thanks to modern technology, we can do it through videos!
Break out your Flip Video Cameras and show us your Blissdom wardrobe! We’ll help you decide what to wear! I know I need some help!
- Record your video (or take pictures) this week showing us your wardorbe choices and asking questions if you have them.
- Post the video (or pictures) on your blog (If you’re a new vlogger post it on NewBaby.com and embed it in my blog and that cute little widget over there!)
- Link up here at Real Life with Mr Linky on Monday, January 19
- Not Going? We won’t leave you out! Post a video of what you’ll be wearing while we’re at Blissdom!
Will you be there or be square?