Wow! It’s weird writing ’10 in a date already. Well, I started to feel bad last year because I kept running out of time to read all the posts that were linked to my weekly blog carnival! I felt like I was being a bad host in a way, but now I miss reading, commenting, tweeting, and stumbling your posts!
SO I’m bringing it back! I know I can’t promise to read every one, every week, but I will try! And hopefully with you guys hopping around to each other’s posts, you’ll get some traffic, new readers, and new relationships going!
AND… I’ve decided to post a little blogging tip every week with the carnival. So here’s my first little nugget:
Overcoming Blogger’s Block:
I wrote an entire post a while back about this very thing, but my favorite tips were:
- Take some time just to live life, without thinking, “How can I write about this?” Creativity flows best out of experience, and if you’re not “in the moment” you won’t truly experience the very things you’re trying to write about.
- Tell your readers you’re having a bout of Blogger’s Block. Most bloggers have been through it before, and if you let them know, they’ll encourage you, pray for you if needed, and welcome you back when you join the blogosphere again.
SO now, let’s here about YOU! I’ll be stumbling and tweeting some of the posts as well, and I encourage you to do the same! (I’ll also be converting these into “real links” which is good for your SEO)
- Every Monday on Real Life, I post a linky where you can share any post from the previous week on your blog! That way, I can go through and read them, and you can too! Please link to the individual post!
- The only guideline is that it must be reated PG! This is a family blog, folks! You can share your life with your kids, a funny commentary, a contest you’re hosting, reviews, an informative post, video, anything, really!
- Read, comment and stumble! Please link back to this post, so others can join in! (You can just put a small phrase at the bottom of the post, like “This post included in Real Life’s Your Life Your Blog” or include the button). Please spread the word, because this carnival will be more effective if lots of people are linking and reading. And each Monday, the links from the previous “Your Life, Your Blog” will be converted to “real” links. It’s all about the love, right?
Here’s the code for the button if you’d like to display it on your blog: