I find myself this Christmas season with very little time, or money to do anything! But one thing I do not want to skimp on, is giving our children’s teachers a little treat for the holiday.
I was watching a show on MomTV featuring Maria Bailey, and she reminded me of a easy, inexpensive treat that is perfect for entertaining, gifts, or party favors! I will probably add some pretzel stick with chocolate and nuts, sine I got some nuts on sale last week.
Chocolate Sprinkled Pretzel Sticks
- Thick Pretzel Sticks (1.5 bag)
- One bag of SemiSweet Chocolate Chips, or Chocolate Candy Coating
- Large Container of Colored Sprinkles, or crushed nuts
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl, or a double boiler. Melt in microwave for 40 second intervals on 50% power until melted. I thought it would be better to use a tall mug like this one, but I ditched it for a shallow bowl.
- Dip the Pretzel Sticks halfway in the chocolate, then roll in sprinkles or nuts.
- Set out on Parchment Paper on a cookie sheet, then place in freezer for 5 minutes
- Serve on a festive platter, or package in candy bags with ribbons.
Originally published in December, 2009. All the teachers LOVED them, so I’m doing it again this year!
CLICK HERE for more inexpensive teacher gift ideas
PS. Robin has a different take on candy-dipped pretzels, and she warns that they are highly addictive!
Shared at We Are That Family, Works for Me Wednesday